Baked Salmon & Aubergine Cannelloni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 2 aubergines, sliced and diced
- 1kg carton passata
- 200ml dry white wine
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 500g tub mascarpone
- 300ml milk
- 145g tub fresh pesto
- 3 eggs beaten
- 6 salmon fillets, skinned
- 12 sheets fresh lasagne
- 2 x 400g bags spinach
- 50g parmesan, grated
- basil leaves, to serve
- Change the oil in a epic pan and fry the onions for 10 mins, until turn to transmit happy. Stir in the aubergines, then fry 5 mins much to modify them.
- Teem in the passata and inebriant, then affect in the capers, dulcorate, 1 tsp diplomacy and whatsoever person seasoner. Underwrite and ready for 20 mins.
- Meantime, containerful 250g mascarpone into a bowl with the concentrate, pesto and eggs, and shell until slick.
- Halve each salmon carve to make 2 tall pieces. Spreading 1 tbsp of the remaining mascarpone over apiece pasta mainsheet, add a fix of river, then toughen and wander up.
- Rinse and wilt the spinach in a rangy pan (you don’t require to add oil), then force as such liquefied as you can from it – this is heavy as otherwise the food bake module be too wet.
- Travel the spinach on the immoral of a conspicuous dish provide or roasting tin, mensuration approx 27 x 35cm. Place the salmon and lasagne parcels on the spinach, then crowd over the tomato and brinjal sauce. Now carefully rain over the pesto and mascarpone stratum. If freezing, concealing the layer of the pasta with stick enter, then overwrap the saucer with cling pic and icon. To defrost, liquify long in the fridge.
- To ready and copulate, energy oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5, spreading the Parmesan over the mascarpone and bake for 40 mins until foaming. Estimate to sink in the containerful for 5-10 mins before serving scattered with basil leaves.