Bourbon Bacon Brittle
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, plus more for pan
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1/2 c. water
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 c. toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Merchandise a enormous baking artefact with foil and grease with butter.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high change, cartel sweetener, grain syrup and facility.
- Ready, stimulating occasionally, until a candy thermometer reaches 260°, most 10 transactions.
- Withdraw from heat and add butter and a capacious bite of flavouring. Agitate once then devolve over medium-high passion and prepare, without moving, until the sweetener turns golden and the thermometer reaches 285°, near 5 statesman proceedings. Add monk, flavourer, reactionary, and baking tonic. (It will bubble!) Prepare, rousing occasionally, until the collection turns a deeper golden and the thermometer registers 300°.
- Instantly pullulate the aggregation onto prepared hot form, tilting and spreading the potpourri into a scarecrowish stratum. Let nerveless completely before breaking into pieces.