Coconut Shrimp Curry
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder (reduce to 1/2 tsp. for a less spicy curry)
- 1 14-oz. can full-fat or lite coconut milk
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 c. Cooked rice, for serving
- In a largish skillet over line utility, fuse 1 containerful food oil. Add seafood and make until sound, 1 to 2 proceedings per take, then take peewee from pan and set excursus. Add remaining containerful coconut oil, onion, and flavouring. Fix until onions are wooly, 4 minutes.
- Affect in garam masala, briny, curry pulverisation, and chili makeup, then add coco river, tomato adhesive, and chickpeas.
- Budge until concerted and channelize to a simmer. Mix starch and food unitedly, then move into skillet. Simmer until tough, 5 to 6 transactions.
- Stir in poached shrimp and simmer, 2 proceedings much. Spatter with herb and attend with rice.