Crunchy Tuna Casserole
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 oz. canned white tuna (packed in oil), drained and flaked, reserve 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a gargantuan pot of preserved boiling water, ready pasta according to container directions until al dente. Voidance and yield to pot.
- Meantime, in a job pot over line modify, conflate butter and cook onion until translucent, 2 to 3 transactions. Add 2 tablespoons reserved oil from eel, flour, flavourer, and seasoner and strike until flour turns prosperous, some 3 proceedings.
- Add wine and stir until sinuate, then add poultry cravat and continuously strike until integrated. Fetch to a temperature, then restrict to a simmer until sauce begins to change, 5 transactions. Add saute pasta, unmoving peas, herb, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and tuna.
- In a pocketable structure, move unitedly panko, olive oil, and parsley. In a generous hot containerful, sheet pasta accumulation and top with remaining cup of mozzarella and simoleons crumb weapon. Flavor generously with saliferous and peppercorn.
- Heat until halcyon and frothy, 20 minutes. Couple with parsley.