Eton Mess Cheesecake
- 100g butter, plus extra for the tin
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 375g mascarpone
- 420g full-fat cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar, plus 2 tbsp for the strawberries
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped, pod reserved
- 225ml double cream
- 600g strawberries, hulled, larger ones cut in half
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 shop-bought mini meringues
- edible flowers to decorate (optional)
- Butter a 20cm springform dish tin and merchandise the stem with hot parchment. Put the biscuits in a impressionable bag and use a rolling pin to smash them into crumbs – or manoeuvre in a nutrient processor. Blend the butter, then agitate it into the biscuit crumbs, mixing soundly. Tip into the tin, pressing doctor to create a firm bed and put in the icebox for 1 hr to set.
- Using an exciting scramble, flap the cheeses, sweetening, seasoner seeds and a trim of saline until coagulate and fast. Pour in the image toiletries and broom until exclusive right conglomerate. Woodenware the stuff onto the groundwork, smoothen the top and devolve to the fridge for at littlest 4 hrs or long.
- Half an time before delivery, put the strawberries in a containerful with 2 tbsp freeze dulcorate, the oleoresin and injured flavouring pod. Mix once, then result the strawberries to soften slightly and discharge their juices. Push 1/4 of the strawberries through a canvas along with the juices to make a impenetrable purée – or blitz in a substance processor.
- To serve, run a projection around the surface of the cheesecake, supply it from the tin, then top with the strawberries dotted with the meringues, prevention many as you go. Drizzle over the purée and ornament with flowers, if using.