Garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe
This tasty garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a plant-primarily based powerhouse of a lunch! Make it in advance for a party or picnic or to take along as an smooth weekday lunch for work or school.
For The Salad:
- 15 oz.canned chickpeas, tired + rinsed
- three stalks green onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup chopped shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple bell pepper
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp dried dill or fresh, to flavor
- 1/eight tsp salt
- 1/eight tsp pepper
- 3 TBSP unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 TBSP sparkling chopped basil plus extra to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/four cup store offered or homemade mayonnaise vegan or regular
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
For The Sandwich :
- arugula or romaine lettuce
- greater basil as preferred
- optionally available tomatoes and/or pink onion
- multi-grain sandwich bread
Tasty Sandwich unfold options :
- spicy mustard
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and upload them to a huge bowl. Mash with a potato masher till texture appears flaked, almost like tuna salad. i use each a potato masher and observe up with a fork to make certain each chickpea is deliciously smashed. you can also use a food processor and bypass the arm exercising!
- Chop your inexperienced onion, celery, shredded carrots, pepper, and pickles.
- upload to the bowl along with your chickpeas, then add mayo, dijon, yellow mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir properly to coat.
- Fold in sunflower seeds and basil (as lots or as little as you need) and modify any ingredients to taste.
- Pile excessive on bread with all of your sandwich fixings or experience as a wrap, with crackers, on a salad, or in reality dive into the bowl spoon-first – some thing is going!