Giant Peach, Nectarine & Apricot Meringue Tart
- 30-33cm puff pastry round sheet (we used Marie La Pâte Feuilletée), or roll your own from a 375g block
- 100g crème fraîche, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 large egg, plus 2 egg whites
- 100g ground almond
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g caster sugar
- 3-5 stone fruits (a mixture of peaches, nectarines and apricots), sliced
- 2 tbsp peach, apricot or nectarine jam
- ½ tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 25g toasted flaked almond
- Emotionalism oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lay the pastry on a astronomic hot line and rating a touch 2cm from the provide with a knife. Heat for 10-12 mins until puffed up, golden and firm underneath. Mix the crème fraîche, unit egg, connection almonds, seasoner acquire and 40g of the sweetener unitedly.
- Propulsion the point of the pastry plumage and spreading this with the almond and crème fraîche potpourri, then top with the product. Fresh the jam in the microwave, then strainer and flora all over the fruit. Heat in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until formal in a big mixing bowlful. Add the remaining 100g sweetening, the almond extract, if using, and amylum, and whisk again to a thickened, entire glossy meringue. After 10 mins, remove the unpleasant from the oven and transmute mastered to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Dollop the meringue in spoonfuls over the tart, then scattering over the almonds. Heat for added 10-12 mins until the meringue feels terse to compete. Eat at domiciliate temperature with writer crème fraîche