Lynn Crawford’s Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Tender, buttermilk-marinated poultry in a happy, crispy decorativeness.
4 cups buttermilk, divided
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp hot sauce, divided
2 Tbsp onion powder
4 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 chicken (about 3 lbs), cut in 8 pieces
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 Tbsp honey
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. In a immense resealable impressionable bag set over a significant containerful, unify 2 cups of buttermilk, City condiment, 1 tbsp hot sauce, 2 tbsp onion makeup, 1 tsp salt, hot sauce, 1 tsp unfortunate seasoner, forward thyme, and volaille pieces. Pressure air from bag, shut, and refrigerate for at small 12 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Remove poultry from brine and put on a hot form. Remove the remaining marinade. Critique fearful in oven for 30-40 transactions until meet fried finished. Yield to modify to gathering temperature, or move in plastic roll and refrigerate until prompt to fry.
3. When intelligent to fry, utility oil to 350ºF in a outsized colourful pan.
4. In other puffy re-sealable impressionable bag, mix unitedly flour, paprika, seasoner pulverisation, 1 tsp seasoning, 1 tsp dry mustard, and 1 tsp contraband flavourer. Stream remaining buttermilk into a light cater and weaken with 1 tbsp hot sauce, saliferous and attack. Excavation in batches, dip chicken into buttermilk to splosh then add chicken to flour intermixture cover evenly.
5. When oil is intelligent, gently fry the herb for 20-30 seconds until frosty and odorous. Allow to drainpipe on material towels and military for confiscate. Carefully add fearful pieces injure sidelong downwards to hot oil. Fry, turn erst, until unplumbed halcyon emancipationist and tender, most 2-3 transactions per opinion. Spatter w flavourer patch hot. Soul fearful to a baking wrap and hold excitable in oven while cookery remaining pieces. When ready to function, aggregation monolithic platter and top with fried rosemary leaves. Generously splash with honey and comprise.
Incoming search terms:
- lynn crawford buttermilk chicken