No Bake Banana Spilt #christmas #dessert
A traditional! Layers of graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, bananas, pineapple, strawberries, whipped cream, nuts, chocolate & a cherry on top!
every year, round Easter, I start to get a hankering for this no bake banana split dessert, that is odd to me, because i will best do not forget ingesting it a couple of times ever, and that changed into as a minimum 10 or 15 years in the past. For some purpose, it has caught in my thoughts and that i associate it with Easter. It’s quite feasible that my mother made it for an Easter dessert multiple years in a row, after which moved on to something else. a few years ago I subsequently asked my mother if she had the recipe for the “banana cut up dessert thing” that she made a long term ago, and he or she become capable of dig it up for me. It took me approximately 2.2 seconds to assemble what I wished and that i’ve been taking part in it as a minimum a couple of instances a year ever considering!
For the Crust:
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups (198 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- eight oz Cool Whip
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- For the Fruit & Toppings:
- eight ounces Cool Whip
- ½ cup (fifty seven grams) walnuts, chopped
- Chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries
- three to four bananas, sliced
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, tired well
- sixteen ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Grease a nine×thirteen-inch baking dish; set apart.
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork, stirring until all of the crumbs are flippantly moistened. unload the crumbs into the organized pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate even as you prepare the following layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix collectively the cream cheese and sugar on medium pace till mild and fluffy, about 3 mins. using a rubber spatula, fold inside the Cool Whip until very well combined. spread the cream cheese combination on top of the graham cracker crust.
- set up the banana slices in a unmarried layer on pinnacle of the cream cheese filling, pinnacle with an excellent layer of the crushed pineapple, and then an excellent layer of the sliced strawberries.
- cowl with the Cool Whip, smoothing the pinnacle. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and pinnacle with maraschino cherries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or in a single day. Leftovers can be stored, protected, within the fridge for as much as four days.