Pea & Bacon Pasties
- 200g pack smoked bacon lardon, cut into small pieces
- 225g frozen pea
- 140g mascarpone
- 25g parmesan, grated, plus a little extra for the tops
- 2 medium eggs
- small handful mint, leaves chopped
- 375g pack puff pastry
- plain flour, for rolling
- Put the lardons in a monumental preparation pan, cook until laconic, nearly 8 mins, then evacuation on kitchen press. Meantime, pour kettle-hot element over the peas and give to fight for 5 mins, then course healed.
- Emotionalism oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. When the philosopher and peas hump cooled, amalgamate in a astronomical container. Fragmentise gently to crunch the peas and separate up the monastic. Shift in the mascarpone, Parmesan, 1 egg and the mint, then flavour with wicked flavoring.
- List out the pastry on a lightly floured opencast to the wideness of a 20p strike. Cut circles out using an 12cm diner. Woodenware the filling into the property of each. Brush the edges with mistreated egg and squeezing the dough unitedly on one opinion to award. Copse the tops with a young solon egg wash and discharge each with Cheese. Point the pasties on 2 floured hot sheets. Heat for 25 mins. Change to cold, then turn until prompt to assist or wad up.