Pretzel Ring Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 3/4 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz. (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. pale ale beer (we love Sierra Nevada)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for brushing biscuits
- Coarse salt
- Freshly chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a giant concavity, agitate unitedly 1 cups of cheese cheese, mozzarella, take cheese, Metropolis, chive, flavouring makeup, and beer and toughen with flavourer and pepper.
- Halve apiece biscuit and roster into a lump, then slice an X across the top.
- In a minuscule saucepan, transport 2 cups installation and baking salt to a temperature and broom to alter. Immediately trammel passion to defend a simmer. Add biscuits in batches and navigator until puffy, 1 minute, then shift with a slotted woodenware and assign to a 10- or 12-inch oven-safe skillet, forming a sound along the region bounds.
- Haircare biscuits with egg watercolor and patter with sandy seasoning. Shift dip to place of pan and splosh with remaining cup cheese cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are golden and dip is effervescing, 33 to 35 proceedings.
- Grace with chives before delivery.