Spicy Roasted & Fennel and Carrots #christmas #lunch
As you may or won’t know, life’s been tough for me recently. but I’m carried out complaining (at least for a while). So let’s get to the food – namely, these highly spiced roasted fennel and carrots flecked with fried sunflower seeds. It’s a easy however putting dish that comes collectively in approximately 30 minutes. experience it instantly up, as a facet or in a salad. And be sure to double the recipe if you want greens.
- four teaspoons raw sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 fennel bulb, reduce into ½”-thick wedges (reserve fronds)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into three” pieces
- ¼ large red onion, cut into ½”-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 ranges. area the fennel, carrots and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 mins, take away from the oven and transfer onion to a medium bowl. Stir the fennel and carrots and bake for an additional 5 mins or until veggies are caramelized and fork soft; transfer to bowl with onion.
- meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, combine sunflower seeds, chili flakes, smoked paprika, floor coriander and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. prepare dinner over medium heat, stirring regularly, till fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. permit cool after which stir in apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Drizzle over roasted veggies and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. top with reserved fennel fronds.