Tasty Marshmallow Weetbix Slice
This Marshmallow Weetbix Slice brings again such a lot of reminiscences of childhood. My buddies mum used to make this all of the time for parties and get togethers. I lost depend how oftentimes I went to bed with a sore tummy from ingesting so much of it at sleepovers.
i have completed some research in this slice to discover the records of it without plenty good fortune but i’ve found that human beings had been making this slice for over 70 years. Wow. An oldie however a goodie.
- 40g shredded coconut, non-obligatory
- four weetbix
- 75g brown sugar
- 170g white self elevating flour or wholemeal if you want
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 145g butter, cubed
- 1.5 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 75g boiling water
- 2 drops pink meals colouring, non-compulsory
- 220g white sugar
- 75g bloodless water
- Preheat oven to a hundred and eighty levels. Line a 20x20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- place all of base ingredients into bowl.
- Blitz on pace 5 for 30 seconds.
- Pour and press into tin.
- Bake for 15-20 mins till slightly golden.
- allow to chill.
- meanwhile place shredded coconut onto a tray and bake for five mins or till slightly toasted.
- once base has cooled barely upload sugar and bloodless water to smooth bowl.
- Insert whisk attachment.
- Blitz on pace three for 3 minutes.
- in the meantime integrate the gelatine and boiling water in a small bowl and whisk to dissolve completely.
- once the three mins is up, add the gelatine mix and colouring to the bowl.
- Blitz on velocity 4 for three minutes.
- Pour marshmallow aggregate over the base.
- Sprinkle with coconut and allow to set for two hours or so in fridge or room temperature.