Vegan Bang Bang Broccoli Recipe
This fried broccoli is so properly and filling and comforting, however still mild and crisp. the correct comfort food for a chilly night time in! The complete recipe has handiest 12 substances (which include the oil for frying), the sauce is only three! A standard Bang Bang sauce has sweet chilli sauce and honey. I notion that turned into manner too much sugar, so I went with a simple Vegan mayo, chilli paste and agave. So easy, so candy and highly spiced, however no longer too candy:) The batter is only five ingredients, and the whole lot is simply thrown together. After dipping into the batter, you just toss it in panko, and it is prepared to get nice and brown and crispy.
Bang Bang Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 1/4 C. Vegan mayo
- 1/2 C. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 C. Almond milk
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- three/4 C. All purpose flour
And the rest
- Oil for frying
- Chives for garnish(non-obligatory)
- 2 C. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- Make the sauce, whisk collectively the mayo, chilli paste and agave in a small bowl. Set apart.
- Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk. add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium sized blending bowl, then add the recent sauce and almond milk aggregate to the dry substances and whisk collectively till blended.
- placed the panko in a separate bowl.
- reduce broccoli into florets, then warmness the oil on medium high in a big pan, i like to apply a solid iron skillet, you need approximately 1/2-1 inch of oil at the lowest of the pan.
- Dip every floret of broccoli inside the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly. as soon as the oil is hot add the broccoli to the new oil. Fry for about a minute or on every aspect, or till brown and crispy. Drizzle with sauce and serve at once.