The Asian Taste of Chicken Curry Panang With Noodles
There are so many recipes for chicken curry in the world. However, if you are looking for the most different one, the answer may be the chicken curry Panang.
Chicken Curry Panang
Chicken Curry Panang is a kind of chicken curry originally from Penang, Malaysia. That’s why; local people also often call it the Penang’s chicken curry.
So, what is the difference between Chicken Curry Panang and other curries?
Even compared to the Asian curries, Panang’s has its typical taste. It is mainly from the lime that makes the broth tends to be sourer. Even in many recipes, you can find them to put tamarind extract there.
While Chicken Curry Panang is commonly enjoyed with rice, in the recipe below, you can try something different. It is by adding noodles as the source of carbohydrate.
Slightly, it looks like the combination of southeastern and eastern Asian cuisine. So, are you interested in the Chicken Curry Panang with Noodle? You may follow the instructions below.
- 10 ounces of boneless and skinless chicken, slice it,
- 6 ounces of rice noodles,
- Sliced vegetables including carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and more,
- A tablespoon of coconut oil,
- A tablespoon of grated ginger,
- A tablespoon of sugar,
- A tablespoon of fish sauce,
- 15 ounces of coconut milk,
- A shallot, chop it,
- A cup of chicken broth.
- 2 limes, take the water,
- A piece of tamarind or a teaspoon of tamarind extract,
- 3 tablespoons of the red curry paste.
The instant curry paste can be found in the minimarkets around. But if you want it to be made from natural ingredients, you can make it by yourself.
The paste is made from 15 chilies, a piece of curcuma, 15 pieces of garlic, 5 pieces of onion, 10 candlenuts, a teaspoon of shrimp paste. The amount can be added or reduced based on how many slices of chicken you want to make into the Panang curry.
Instruction how to make curry paste
- Peel off the onions and pulverize them together with salt.
- After it is mixed well into the white paste, add garlic, candlenuts, and shrimp paste. Pulverize them.
- Add chilies, smooth them together into a paste. If you find it difficult to make the curry paste manually, use a blender.
Instruction how to make main Ingredients
- Clean the chicken from the remaining of skin, bone, and fat. Slice them or you can simply cut them into some parts.
- Use a part of the curry paste you have made above. Smear the paste on the whole parts of the sliced chicken. Put them in the open air for around 20 minutes until the paste is absorbed into the chicken.
- Sauté the remaining of the curry paste until it is brownish and release the aroma,
- Pour the chicken broth in it. Add a cup of water if you want it to have more soup,
- Put the sliced chicken with spices. Wait for around 5 minutes until the chicken looks softer,
- Pour the coconut milk and stir the food thoroughly,
- Add the sliced vegetables,
- Add the lime water, tamarind extract, fish sauce, shallot, and grated ginger. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the sliced onions and noodle,
- Wait for another 5minutes until all the main ingredients are getting softer,
- Turn off the fire. Serve it in the bowl.
Not only is it delicious with Asian taste, the chicken curry above is also nutritious and full of fiber. Sure, it is due to the vegetables added there.
The vegetables are put at the end of the cooking process above the stove. It is to avoid the break of the fiber as well as reduce the nutrition inside. Now, you can enjoy this unique chicken curry.
Please read : Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Potatoes
This is how you make tasty of chicken curry Panang with noodles for your family. Enjoying it whit your friend or family is highly recommended. Please try and practice by yourself.
Incoming search terms:
- panang curry noodle recpie