Cooking is indeed a wonderful hobby to do. There are countless ways in improving your cooking skill as well as cook your favorite meal in different ways.
People are familiar with boiling and frying but they may have no idea about using slow cooker.
If you have a slow cooker at home and you have no idea how to use it nor what recipe you should make using the appliance, do not worry. You will learn how to use it as well as trying to make slow cooker Italian chicken potatoes. It is an amazing recipe to try!
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Potatoes
First, you get to know about slow cooker and how to use it. Generally, a slow cooker is a countertop appliance. It uses electrical power to simmer but at a lower temperature compared to other cooking methods.
It is good to use slow cooker because you do not have to switch it on and off manually.
Slow cookers usually have computerized timing devices which use to program the cooker to perform multiple operations. Thus, your meal will stay warm without reheating it.
To use a slow cooker is as simple as putting the raw food along with a liquid (can be stock, water, or wine) in the slow cooker.
Most advanced cookers can automatically switch from cooking to warming after reaching a fixed time or fixed temperature of the food. The use of liquid you put is to transfer heat from the walls to its contents as well as distributing flavors.
Getting to know a slow cooker, now you can try slow cooker Italian chicken potatoes recipe using your slow cooker. This recipe is an easy meal but has amazing flavor. The ingredients are as follow.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts. You can use 4 to 6 chicken thighs as alternative
- 3 cups chopped potatoes (about 1.5 inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoons of Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs (optional)
Read the following instructions to make your slow cooker Italian chicken potatoes
- Put chicken and potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle them with oil and stir to coat. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Transfer it to slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 to 6 hours.
- Cook chicken along with potatoes in a large skillet pan on a medium heat for around 2 to 3 minutes to brown.
- Put the chicken, potatoes, and other ingredients (on previous instruction) in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Check if the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve when it is hot.
In addition, you can add other ingredients if you want. You can explore the recipe to make your own unique slow cooker Italian chicken potatoes.
For example, you can add chopped onion, baby carrots, or grape tomatoes in the ingredients. For the chicken, besides using boneless and skinless chicken breast and chicken thighs, you can use bone-in chicken.
Remove the skin and cook along with the ingredients for 7-9 hours.
You can add several toppings for the serving as well. You can use hot cooked pasta with some butter and cheese. Or you can add green salad tossed with mushrooms and avocados to make it look more like Italian food.
Please read more : Jamaican Spicy Potato Curry for Vegan
Those are the ingredients and steps how to make slow cooker Italian chicken potatoes. Note that the recipe can be different for some people, including you. You can change or add various ingredients to suit your taste. It does not matter.