Macarons are traditional snacks from French that are quite famous for their delicacy and cute shapes. It is known also as French Macarons.
French Macarons Recipe
The addition of “French” is not only to emphasize where the pastry comes from but also to differentiate it from Macaroons. Yes, both are often considered the same foods while technically they are completely different.
French macarons’ taste is dominated by almond. Meanwhile, macaroons are small snacks made from coconuts.
In making French macarons, it commonly applies schuimpjes or meringue techniques. Those terms refer to the dough of white egg. To strengthen the taste and aroma of almond, thealmond powder is used there.
The dough is then baked but they should not be too dry just like when you are making cookies. This is how the inner part of macarons tends to be smooth and chewy. Meanwhile, you can just feel that the outer area is dry and a little bit crispy.
Techniques mentioned above simply inflate the dough during the baking process. If you are shaping well, each macaron is circle just like a coin but bulging well.
Undeniably, making French macarons need extra accuracy mainly if you have no experience in it. This way, you can get the perfect texture in the end.
So, how is the recipe of macarons particularly for beginners?
Here they are for detail to make French Macarons.
The recipe below is for 24 French macaron cookies. For the best result, the weight of each ingredient must be proper. Try to weigh it well like a professional.
Ingredients French macarons
- 3 egg whites,
- 120 grams of almond powder,
- 50 grams of white sugar,
- 200 grams of confectioners’ sugar,
- 2 ml of tartar cream,
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
There are many kinds of fillings for French macarons. For example, there are lemon cream, vanilla buttercream, strawberry cream, and more.
The filling is commonly given based on the colors of the cookies.
For example, for pink macarons, raspberry or strawberry filling is more suitable. Sure, it still depends on your taste, what filling you think the best for macarons.
Here, you will learn about making raspberry filling.
- 120 grams of salted butter,
- 75 grams of sugar power,
- 150 grams of fresh raspberries (for other variants, you can use strawberry, lemon, and others).
Instructions to make French macarons
- Combine white sugar and almond powder thoroughly. Strain it until there is smooth part that is remained.
- Mix the white egg with low speed until it is bubbly. Pour the tartar cream in it. Increase the speed to the highest. Pour the confectioner sugar gradually and mix it continuously until the dough is inflated. For this process, you need to mix the dough with approximately 7 minutes.
- Pour the combination of almond powder and white sugar to the white egg dough gradually. Mix them using a spatula until they are mixed well.
- Pour the food coloring there. You can divide the dough into some parts to give them different colors. Continue to mix the dough until the color is thorough.
- Put them onto the piping bag. Spray them into a baking sheet for macarons. On the sheet, there is a baking paper.
- Jerk off the baking sheet on the table to release air bubbles. Use a chopstick or toothpick to tidy up the bubbles. Let it in the open air for around 30 minutes.
- Bake the dough in the oven of 140 degrees for around 15 minutes. After being baked well, let them be in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take them out and put the filling inside.
- Now, your French raspberry macarons are ready to serve and enjoy for the whole family.
Please read : Salted Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes Recipe
This is how you make tasty French macaron cookies recipe for your family. Enjoying it while it is still warm is highly recommended. Please try and practice by yourself.